Ian Showell BA MSc UXC
Consultant Business Analyst and Project Manager
- Over 14 years Travel Industry Experience
- Qualified Agile BA and AgilePM Practitioner
- Specialist in UI, online workflow, and business process specification
- Key player in multi-million pound projects
- Certified user experience professional
- Full implementation of new Tour Operator System in a travel business – from supplier sourcing and gap analysis, to briefing developments, managing data migration, managing stakeholder buy-in and expectations, process realignment, and training in all aspects of the system.
- Specification of green field FIT quoting engine, including system behaviour and logic, user interface design, connectivity with other travel systems via APIs and associated requirements gathering, stakeholder management, implementation and training.
- Specification of transactional website booking flows for 2 tour operators, including process design to maximise conversions and preparing back office processes to support automated 24-hour booking.
- Integration of an acquired business into the existing systems and processes of a travel company. Includes full process review and redesign, data migration, system reconfiguration, document automation, reporting and training.
- Creation of intranet featuring both reporting and business-critical functionality including rooming lists and release, flight manifests and release, production of client documentation and despatch management etc.
- Involvement in 2 travel websites, including input into design and user experience, technical analysis, guidance on the presentation of date, price and availablity information, and I created staging data for both using SQL stored procedures.
- Design and implementation of a customer loyalty scheme, including marketing involvement and SQL coding to accrue and use points based on holiday expenditure.
- Creation and management of ‘The Walking Partnership’ club affiliation scheme, including marketing, documentation and SQL coding.
- Specification of tour leaders’ website, accessing bespoke dynamic reports from main tour operator system in a secure environment.
- Knowledge and experience of Travelink (Comtec), Travel Studio (Open Destinations), Tiger Bay and Peakworksoftware at a UI and database level.
- Design of a complex dynamic document builder for an environmental charity, project management of the development and implementation phases
- Management of a major tour operator software version upgrade, including management of business testing, supplier management, issue resolution, training etc
- Product Owner/Scrum Master for a bespoke tour operator system in the educational division of a major tour operator
- Deployment Project Manager for a large business change project involving complete systems replacement
- Technical analysis for a travel technology dynamic packaging software provider
- Management of IT provision for B2B finance company, including management and incremental development of bespoke software solution
“Covering a broad range of projects small and more complex, Ian’s ability to understand and assimilate the technical, commercial and managerial aspects of the tasks has been exemplary.”
Toby Lanyon – CIO, TradeRiver Finance
“We found that Ian was very quick to learn our unique systems and his management (and resolution) of complex issues was appreciated by our users. Ian’s years of experience are very clear in his work”
Axel Brand – Director – Key Account Management, Peakwork
“After a very short session on each occasion, Ian understood our requirements and provided exactly what was needed.”
Haydn Marshall – IT Manager, Beachcomber Tours